Thursday, November 30, 2006

not much ado about something

We had a big meeting at work to discuss some ownership changes that are coming. But I can't tell you what they are, or what they mean--I know the basic change that is coming, but I don't know how much impact it will have on my employment situation, how much impact it will have on the company as a whole, or anything of any real significance at all. Even if I knew any of these things, I'm sure the FTC would require that I keep my mouth shut about it. So. Not much ado about something.

In the context of the announcement, a managing director from our new ownership team stated that "you never want to make an omelet, because once you mix everything up you can never take it apart again, and you end up with a schmoozle". I'm not positive that he actually said "schmoozle". It sure sounded like it, though. I know the point he was trying to make in context: we shouldn't expect massive changes or instability in the near future, because trying to integrate disparate organizations can create chaos and turn successful businesses into failures. I can understand why he'd want to follow that philosophy in managing his businesses, but I don't think I like that philosophy as a way of living my life. I've lived that way for a long time, and it's really rather dull. Besides, I *like* omelets.

No comments: