Tuesday, December 12, 2006

a rose by any other name would smell as sweat

I now own a football jersey that has been autographed by Casey Wiegmann and Derrick Johnson, smells of sweat and has my manager's name on the back.

My manager told me yesterday that one of our vendors had reserved a spot for him at a Kansas City Chiefs fantasy camp. He was busy tonight, so I got to go in his stead. We toured the stadium, received personalized jerseys (not Chiefs jerseys, unfortunately), played a 30 minute scrimmage at their practice facility (Wiegmann and Johnson were the coaches), ate some pizza and generally had a blast. I caught a touchdown and also scored on a 2-point conversion. Pretty cool.

The coolest thing has to be the jersey. I mean, anybody can get a cheap jersey autographed by a couple of athletes, but how many have a cheap jersey autographed by a couple of athletes, but the jersey has their manager's name on the back? I'm going to have to start wearing it to work every Friday. I'll make him call me "Schmieder".

No comments: